Kraft Heinz Releases 2023 Environmental Social Governance Report, Revealing Continued Progress Toward Goals Across Three Priority Pillars
Company progresses against its goals related to achieving net-zero greenhouse gas emissions, strengthening diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging, addressing global hunger, and more
- Developed innovative packaging solutions that support the Company's net zero ambitions, including the HEINZ® Tomato Ketchup pilot with Pulpex to create a paper-based, renewable and recyclable bottle made from 100% sustainably sourced wood pulp
- Exceeded 2022 employee representation aspirations, increasing representation of women in global management positions and people of color in
the United Statesby two percentage points each
- Provided approximately 334 million meals to people in need in 2022, achieving 66% of the Company's goal of providing 1.5 billion meals to those in need by 2025 (from 2019)
Experience the full interactive Multichannel News Release here: https://www.multivu.com/players/English/9200351-kraft-heinz-releases-2023-environmental-social-governance-report/
"As we work to lead the future of food, we strive to do so responsibly. And as one of the largest food and beverage companies in the world, we embrace the opportunity that comes with our size and scale to have a profound impact on communities around the world and in the lives of consumers, customers, employees, and partners," said Miguel Patricio,
Key Progress Across the Three ESG Pillars Include:
Healthy Living & Community Support
- DEI&B Aspirations: Exceeded two employee representation aspirations, increasing representation of women in global management positions (41% vs. 39% in 2021) and people of color in
U.S.salaried positions (28% vs. 26% in 2021). Achieved two employee representation aspirations, increasing ethnic minorities in U.K.salaried positions (13% vs. 11% in 2021) and Pretos e Pardos in Brazilsalaried positions (32% vs. 30% in 2021).
- Working to Alleviate Global Hunger: Provided approximately 334 million meals to people in need in 2022, achieving 66% of the Company's goal to provide 1.5 billion meals to people in need by 2025 (from 2019).
Product Healthand Nutrition: Reduced approximately 47 million pounds of total sugar in its global portfolio through key renovations including: Capri Sun® reduced sugar by an average of 40% across its entire original juice drink portfolio in the U.S.by using monk fruit concentrate to maintain the iconic taste kids love. ABC® reduced sugar by 10% in its SOTO sweet soy sauce.
To address ongoing environmental challenges,
- Renewable Electricity: Contracted renewable electricity in
Europeand the U.S.that is expected to equate to approximately 46% of the Company's current manufacturing facility demand over the next two years.
- Designing Better Packaging: HEINZ collaborated with Pulpex to develop a paper-based, renewable, and recyclable bottle made from 100% sustainably sourced wood pulp. Additionally, the brand created a new sachet design in
Europethat is made with the equivalent of 35% recycled material on a mass balance basis and is recycle-ready based on future infrastructure.
- Waste Reduction: Achieved zero waste-to-landfill status for its Elst,
Netherlandsand Pasuruan, Indonesiafacilities, resulting in a total of 16 zero waste-to-landfill facilities across the Company. Achieved an 18.4% reduction in waste-to-landfill intensity across the Company's manufacturing facilities, putting it on-track to achieve its goal of a 20% reduction by 2025.
- Sustainable Tomatoes: Achieved 75% sustainably sourced HEINZ ketchup tomatoes aligned with the Company's Sustainable Agricultural Practices Manual.
- Gender Equality in Brazilian Logistics: Engaged and challenged its suppliers to employ more women in transport operations, resulting in two suppliers permanently employing two women drivers with the aim to expand in 2023 and beyond.
- Education in
Egypt: Immersed Egyptian growers in sustainable farming methods during educational events focused on the topics of climate change and health and safety to grow their awareness of how they can positively impact these areas.
"Our 2023 ESG Report is a testament to the change that's possible when we collaborate cross-functionally and come together with other businesses, nonprofit organizations, and experts," said
The 2023 ESG Report was prepared using the
We are driving transformation at
This press release contains a number of forward-looking statements. Words such as "advance," "aim," "achieve," "align," "ambition," "commit," "continue," "design," "goal," "grow," "help," "improve," "increase," "make," "plan," "propel," "strengthen," "strive," "target," "will," and variations of such words and similar future or conditional expressions are intended to identify forward-looking statements. These statements are not historical facts and are based on
View original content:https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/kraft-heinz-releases-2023-environmental-social-governance-report-revealing-continued-progress-toward-goals-across-three-priority-pillars-301957743.html
Chelsea Slaggert (media), Chelsea.Slaggert@kraftheinz.com; Anne-Marie Megela (investors), Anne-Marie.Megela@kraftheinz.com